»

Friday, December 5, 2014

Week 14

I hope you and your family had a nice Thanksgiving break. I went to visit my parents and it was nice to be with my family as I don't get to see them very often. I got to be with my grandpa and my sister's family and visit with some aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews too. It was a really nice time. I quickly left town and didn't get to post a blog for the 2 days that we were in school before the break, but here we are getting ready to go to lunch. Our class was recognized for good cafeteria behavior for the month of November, so we got to sit on stage and have a special treat the day we wore our Pilgrim hats to lunch.










In language arts this week, we reviewed the letters Kk and Bb as the children illustrated items that begin with each letter.



Our sight words were "come" and "me".




Our close read for the week was The Gingerbread Boy.




Here are the vocabulary words from this story.




This week, we read several gingerbread stories to kick off our gingerbread man unit.





We compared the stories we read and listed the setting, characters, who made the gingerbread man and what the gingerbread man said. We worked on retelling the stories and worked with beginning, middle and end. We also sequenced the story.


We enjoyed our own gingerbread man "Gingy".


On Friday, our gingerbread man ran away. We were so sad.


We decorated our own gingerbread men and hung them outside of our classroom. I love how their own personalities come out during their creativity.




In math, we learned about the square. We learned that a square is a special rectangle that has four sides (edges) that are all the same size. Here are the books we read about the square. We made Mr. Square too, but I forgot to take a picture. We also leaned about the number 8.




We practiced our addition skills by playing a roll and cover game with our friends.








In science, we began learning about objects in the sky during the day and night. We have read some books to help us learn what causes day and night and we have learned and modeled these actions with our globe.




No comments:

Post a Comment